Here you'll find my gay art samples, opinions, pictures of hot men...

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

my 1st matte file


After mysearch for for photos,from image collections of from the Internet, I quickly copy/paste selections with the lasso tool into my painting. I make these selections very rough for two reasons: 1.If I would have made too careful selections I would have interrupted the initial matte painting process where I still don't really know which direction I will be taking. Also, these selections would probably get overpainted anyway later on. 2. By making the edge quite apparent I'm forced to paint in the surrounding details in order to blend the collaged element with the background to make everything look coherent. So, heres the 1st step, the background elements....

No comments: